Collision Devices The Ranch
A Note From Collision Devices:
This pedal is made of noble materials. The stompbox is manufactured in US Walnut which grows up in Europe to reduce carbon footprint.The US walnut is very interesting first for its tint composed of black grain. It offers a superb aspect once it is nourished. Its medium density allows an easy machining while staying very resistant.
To create some relief and work with textures and colors, it is covered by a Pinatex slice. To remind leather, but without hurting animals. The Pinatex is made with pineapple leaf fibre. It is an agricultural waste product. More informations on Pinatex on their website : www.ananas-anam.com For ecological reasons, each pedal is polished with not chemical treated linseed oil. Cold pressed here in France.
Linseed oil allows to protect the wood. We advise you to pass an extra oil layer each year to preserve your pedal for a long long time. We provide a little can of wax to better protect The Ranch and to make it sparkle. It is made by us in our workshop with beeswax and linseed oil. The beeswax comes from a local beekeeper. We also provide a little pad to apply the wax. These pads are made by hand by the wonderful BCFQ here in Angers. Each pad is GOTS certified (ecology and social responsibility).
Each pedal is shipped in a recycled cardboard box to go on this ecological way. Wrapped with linseed string. The Ranch is protected in the package by forest wood fragments. We wanted to highlight the natural products like wood and our local partner Valdéfis. The wood fragments come from a collect done in our country and are locally crushed. It is the first time that this packaging is used. The little extra is that you can use the wood fragments as mulching for your plants or your garden.
The Drive controls are the 3 on the top of The Ranch.
- Dust : It’s the drive knob. Nothing to add here. From a very smooth drive to a huge distortion. Very sensitive from your playing and the type of pickup and amplifier you use.
- Bright : This control adds some high mids and treble to your signal. Without cutting the bass. Here to break through the mix.
- Strength : Volume knob. Allows you to reduce the volume from the drive or to increase it.
Tremolo settings are inside the pedal. Set them with a screwdriver.
- It’s a Dynamic Tremolo. The more you attack your strings, the faster it oscillates.
- Depth : Controls the presence of the tremolo.
- Sensitivity : Turn it clockwise to make the tremolo more sensitive to your attack.
You can have a very sensitive tremolo but not that much present or a more gated tremolo with a lot of presence. Turn Depth control to the left and Sensitivity setting to the right to obtain the most present and sensitive tremolo.
The Boost volume is set with a trimmer inside the pedal. Pre set it before playing so that you just have to play it when you want your sound to be louder.