Swart Atomic Space Tone
The Swart AST (Atomic Space Tone) is really in a class to itself. Swart has managed to create this little beauty that's capable of riding the line between British and American tone as well as anything out there. Can it growl like a Brit? Yep! Can it clean up and produce deep reverberated surf tones? Absolutely! So if we had to classify this amp, what exactly does it sound like? Well, a Swart! If that doesn't help you (and we don't expect it will) do yourself a favor and go play one. Go now. :)
Michael Swart comments on the Atomic Space Tone:
"The idea of the Atomic Space Tone hit me when I was working on a vintage Gibson Scout guitar amp. It had Reverb, Tremolo, and 15 watts of pure rocking vintage tone power but only three preamp tubes and two EL-84 output tubes. I thought to my self - I have never seen an amp that could do so much with so little and sound surprisingly good. But I knew it could be even better. I knew something could be built revolving around my favorite little tone generator, the 6V6. I sent a note of thanks to my cohort for the inspiration for one of the best amplifiers I have ever built and the only thing I have found to equal the soul and amazing tone of the ST-6V6se but with MORE power.
I call it the ATOMIC SPACE TONE. And damn if it's not a winner - this beast sounds amazing.
This amp brings more tube soul than I thought possible, even compared to some of my favorite vintage amps. We are talking ALL TUBE circuitry, even the Tremolo and Reverb, all leading into the excellent 12" Mojotone BV-25m speaker.
I am actually so excited by this amp both aurally and visually. It's the second in our Tweed Series which takes our excellent finger jointed pine cabinet and covers it with top quality tweed, adding a lacquer to give it durability and that vintage, timeless look. We then add a rich, dark lacquer tweed on the sides which gives this amp a totally distinctive appearance. When we play out with this beast, everyone that "knows" comes up to inquire about the AST, this on the sound AND looks. Just like the original ST-6V6se, there is nothing out there like it."
Wattage: 18-22 Watts depending on tube configuration
Preamp Tubes: 2 x 12AX7 and 1 x 12DW7 (for reverb)
Power Tubes: 2 x 6V6 (can also use 2 x 6L6)
Rectifier Tube: 5AR4
Speaker: 12" Mojotone British Vintage Series BV-25m
Dimensions: 18" Tall x 15.5" Wide x 9.5" Deep
Weight: 29 lbs
- Point to Point - All Hand Wired - Hand Built in the USA!
- Tube tremolo and tube reverb circuit for superior audio massiveness
- Output transformers are custom designed by Swart and built by HeyBoer USA - The *new* leader
- Carbon Comp Resistors. Need we say more?
- Mallory, Sprague and JJ Caps - only the best, all considered for their appropriate roles
- The best silver tinned cloth and Teflon covered wire that can be found
- Standby Switch incorporated into the design to extend tube life
- High and low inputs for high and low output pickups
- Dedicated foot switch (included)
- Hand-made, finger jointed solid pine cab (an integral part of the tone) - Many were tested, and this one excelled!